The Cosby show, of course, was the story of Dr. Cliff Huxtable and his family which were an upper-class family that lived in Brooklyn. Nancy McKeon.

Since there were only three networks pretty much, this created more of a collective viewing experience.

A Magnum P.I. This show was big is what I’m trying to say. 60 min Therefore, we were reminded of the traditional family way. It’s hard to say what caused this, but I still had my A-Team lunch box…. I feel like those are overlooked sometimes. In places where your manners don’t necessarily have to be intact. Comedy. Most people probably don’t realize, but Dallas ran for the entire decade in the 80s.

Jim Cummings,

Charles, a college student, is a live-in housekeeper in the Powell household. In the 1980s, sitcoms were among the most talked about and most watched shows on the air. Animation, Comedy.

The Snorks are playful, multicolored underwater creatures that use their built-in snorkels to dart about and make music. Johnny Depp, The show debuted on September 24, 1985, and ran until April 25, 1992. Family ties- tv show from the 80s.

George James,

Chuck McCann, 30 min | The Best 80s Halloween Specials You May Have Forgotten, The Complete Stranger Things Season 3 Recap, Stranger Things Season 3 Episode 3 Review, This series introduced us to a young Carlton Banks aka Alfonso Ribeiro who was brought in to “hip up” the show, The house used in the opening is actually located in England and has the great name of Compton Wynyates and built in 1481 for crying out loud. We now can see this show as potentially more offensive, and possibly racist too, but if you were a kid growing up in the 80s, nothing beats the Dukes of Hazzard. Phil Hartman, Fox, Michael Gross, Meredith Baxter, Actors: Bill Bixby, Lou Ferrigno, Jack Colvin, Genres (Tv): Drama, Live action, Action, Science Fiction, Actors: Mark-Paul Gosselaar, Mario Lopez, Dustin Diamond, Genres (Tv): Sitcom, Teen situation comedy, Comedy, Screech's 'Saved By The Bell' Tell-All Makes Some Damning Allegations Against His Former Castmates24 Saved by the Bell Facts You Never Knew, Actors: Tony Danza, Judith Light, Alyssa Milano, #109 of 444 The Funniest TV Shows of All Time#244 of 507 The Best TV Theme Songs of All Time, Genres (Tv): Animation, Variety show, Children's television series, Comedy, Animated series, Actors: Erik Estrada, Larry Wilcox, Robert Pine, #36 of 89 The Best 1980s Primetime TV Shows#24 of 66 The Best Crime Fighting Duo TV Series, Actors: Don Johnson, Philip Michael Thomas, Saundra Santiago, Genres (Tv): Crime Fiction, Police procedural, Drama, #253 of 295 The Best Duos of All Time#75 of 345 The Greatest TV Dramas of All Time. Earl Hammond, Mel Blanc, TV-PG Danny Goldman, Maureen Flannigan, Dan Ponce, Stanley Livingston, But I think we are all in need of some '80s family sitcom revivals. 30 min Mrs. Edna Garrett, the Drummonds' former housekeeper, teaches to a group of girls of a boarding school how to tackle issues throughout teenage life and later adulthood. Diff’rent Strokes also brought us the catchphrase with the iconic “what’chu talking about Willis” which would lead to things like “Did I Do That?” from Steve Urkel and Family Matters. What made this successful is that the Seaver family was a lot like a majority of so many real-life families. The show was interesting because it was one of the first that was made primarily for syndication. The show featured amazing locations and the sweetest cars you could see on TV. The show is most well known for helping to jump starting Michael J. Fox’s career and it is easily an '80s classic. 2020 Bustle Digital Group. But it was thought the show should feature a lot of scenes in the kitchen and it was better for the girls to be cooking, Estelle Getty’s character of Sophia was originally going to be a guest star but auditioned and tested so well they had to include her, The ‘who done it’ episode was delayed until November as one of the first networks to take advantage of “Sweeps Week”, That episode was watched by 83-90 million people aka 76% of all U.S. TV viewers were watching that show. a comeback would be to have Neil Patrick Harris play the adult version of his iconic character but with the personality of his character Barney from How I Met Your Mother. Comedy, Family. 30 min Peyton “Punky” Brewster was a childhood friend of NBC programming director Brandon Tartikoff, Punky Brewster would make 15-minute long episodes to compete with Monday Night Football in the event that the games had gone long, The character of Punky was getting 10,000 letters a week from kids that thought she was a real person, When Lewis came on board, the name was then changed to, Emmanuel Lewis was 17 by the end of the series playing someone half his age, ABC passed on the show originally giving NBC a chance to get it. |

| Josie Davis, TV-G Ann B. Davis, Stars: Natalie Schafer. Family sitcoms were especially popular, with the rise of shows like Family Ties, The Wonder Years, The Facts of Life, and Who’s the Boss. The show debuted on September 20, 1984 and ran till April 25th 1992, which was much longer than I remembered. | Family, This children's variety show from Nickelodeon's early days featured puppets interacting with live actors in "Sesame Street"-like situations, along with various animated shorts from overseas... See full summary », Stars: Messages 1,566 Reaction score 0 Points 0. The show was very light and airy and didn’t follow any certain premise. 25 min Family, Musical, Winnie the Pooh's first live-action television series. When Ricky shows up on the front steps of his father’s mansion, the two take some time to get to know each other. Michael Dicay, 30 min Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi. Daws Butler,