How do I change the MTU?

Specifications are subject to change without notice. This is a good suggestion, just remember moca is going to cap your gigabit service down to about 400 max. I’ve updated my coax splitter with a BAMF 6-Way Coax Cable Splitter Bi-Directional MoCA 5-2300MHz. Switch back to Wi-Fi, and I’m sometimes getting 3-5 Mbps. If I set the WCB6200Q 5G password to something with spaces, nothing can connect. Wi-Fi Settings. For General Information related to verizon, feel free to stop by /r/verizon. Hide thumbs .

I have definitely seen problems when both the QG and WCB have decided to settle on the same 5 GHz channel. All work is backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.

I want the 2.4 GHz band for better support of IoT devices that only operate there, and don’t support 5 GHz. WCB6200Q User Manual. How do I disable Client Isolation or AP (access point) Isolation? Make the, ©2015 Actiontec Electronics, Inc. Actiontec, Creative Solutions for the Digital Life, and. For MoCA, I did have to add in a splitter that Verizon provided with the device, because I realized that I had run out of ports on my existing splitter (1:4). Maybe someone can explain the cause of the first problem. I plug non-wireless devices into the extender's ethernet ports if I need to. I also have a Verizon network extender (MoCA to 4-port gigabit Ethernet switch), a Tivo, and a Tivo Mini. It was the best price I found it in “new” condition. Also See for WCB6200Q. I have found that -- possibly due to my two extenders -- I have about 30 devices listed as being on coax in the QG per-interface device count. My VPN Client shows that I am connected. This Quick Start Guide will walk you through the easy steps to use your, existing coaxial wiring to extend your Wi-Fi signal. It’s more likely that I’ll want the 2.4 GHz on the extender than the QG, due to its physical location.

I'm not sure how the WCB6200Q could have obtained a 5G SSID and password from my router anyway, since the router doesn't even support 5G. Any firmware update for WCB6200Q wifi-extender. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. I also have a couple older extenders in use (ActionTec WCB3000N's). The issue was escalated,  thrown around like a hot potato, and ultimately ignored. Copyright 2018 Actiontec Electronics, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

If you want to know more or withdraw your consent to all or some of the cookies, please refer to the, Use a laptop, tablet or other device to login into your Wi-Fi, Router. I’ll definitely try turning off the radios on the router and then switch the extender off. Follow. You just have to turn it on, right? It doesn't matter. Introduction The Actiontec WCB6200Q is a wireless network extender with dual concurrent radios supporting both 2.4GHz and 5GHz operation in 802.11 a/b/g/n, and also 5GHz in 802.11ac. I’ve reset all the MoCA devices on the network, and brought the QG up first. 03:25 PM. (If you do not know how to do this, please see the documentation, Find the list of devices that are connected to your Router. This website or its third-party tools use cookies, which are necessary to its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in the cookie policy. The router is connected via coax to the ONT. Please make sure that you describe your difficulty with the Actiontec WCB6200Q02 as precisely as you can. I suspect that splitting further after going through the primary splitter has affected the performance of either the WCB6200Q (which may be on the double-split connection) or the entire MoCA network.

There are no questions about the Actiontec WCB6200Q02 yet. I use my extenders as both WiFi base stations and MOCA bridges – i.e. Privacy | I also checked my main coax splitter and it’s of the 5-1000 MHz variety. ‎02-21-2017 Over the past few weeks, I’ve been noticing more problems with phones, tablets, computers, and home automation devices. Best result will be to use the 5Ghz exclusively if possible, the signal which will drop when you are out of range of one device and connect automatically (almost instantly) to the next stronger signal. Extend the range of your WiFi network to the far corners of your home with the WiFi Network Extender WCB6200Q. Perhaps the users of ManualsCat.com can help you answer your question. I’m looking around for splitters (1:6-1:8) that would better support MoCA. That's odd. Turning the other extenders off didn't solve the problem with the new extender. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. The more precies your question is, the higher the chances of quickly receiving an answer from another user. Haven’t had a lot of time to spend on it yet but I need to sort this out. the Actiontec logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Actiontec Electronics, Inc. Incorportated in the U.S. or other countries. The second problem is almost certainly a bug in the WCB6200Q. I’d also rather not switch it off to another SSID just for IoT, but that remains a possibility I might have to consider.

Also, you can try factory resetting the the extender and letting it auto configure itself with the Verizon router and not make any changes to it. Yes. User Manuals, Guides and Specifications for your ActionTec WCB6200Q Extender. Everything works fine for the 2.4G band. /r/Fios is a community for discussing and asking questions about Verizon Wireless' Fios related services. Eventually, I have seen the devices return data to these requests, but it can take longer than expected. However, functionality remains as stated above. Problem 1:  Despite what Verizon's simple install instructions say, the WCB6200Q did not automatically configure itself to use the same SSID and password as my FIOS router (ActionTec MI424WR Rev 1). Thoughts and troubleshooting advice are appreciated. I didn’t verify but I expect that I was associated with the extender due to my location. We offer a one-stop solution to service, repair, and upgrade your modems, gateways, routers and set top boxes.
Both the living room in the front and the bedroom in the back have a coaxial cable that I can use for Internet service. Just plug one adapter into your home’s modem/router and the other into your device (TV, PC, gaming console) near a coaxial port for an instant performance boost. I tried a bunch of different passwords, long and short, letters and numbers. There is no auto switching your device to the stronger signal. But especially odd is how Verizon forum let me create two forum user IDs with the same screen name -- one as a forum-only account and the other under my Verizon FIOS account. The extenders are connected with coax on … When you choose Actiontec for your repair services, you get the most qualified technical expertise along with an Actiontec commitment to quality. Why does my WCB6200Q randomly lock up or drop connection? I suspect the problem may be with MoCA or with the SSID/channel change I made. All on-topic posts will be accepted, even those which may put Verizon in a negative light. I had the same problem with a password that contained spaces on the 5GHz and reported it to Verizon.

The Actiontec WCB6200Q is a wireless network extender with dual concurrent radios supporting both 2.4GHz and 5GHz operation in 802.11 a/b/g/n, and also 5GHz in 802.11ac. Yes, it’s the Verizon branded version. But for the 5G band, nothing can connect to the WCB6200Q wirelessly if the WCB6200Q's WPA2 password contains spaces (blank characters)! It appears that Verizon has not updated the firmware in sometime and the vendor for the Extender (Actiontec) has indicated that Verizon Fios has requested not to share updated versions of the firmware. Manual Configuration of the Extender's. Message 1 of 3 (2,896 Views) I have a Quantum Gateway router and 2 FIOS Extenders. This, is usually found on the main screen after logging into your Router or, Find a device with the name WCB6200Q. Router. Tech support couldn't explain why. ActionTec WCB6200Q Manuals & User Guides. Thanks! I would say most of them are Wi-Fi devices connected to the WCB6200Q. Actiontec’s ECB6250 MoCA 2.5 Network Adapter Kit is your answer to better WiFi. ZBoost ZB560Y Cellular REACH Setup Overview, Extron electronics FOX USB Tx (SM) User Manual, Patton CopperLink 1314MDE Quick Start Manual, PhD Solutions EXC-P506HDTL-TX Operation Manual, Veracity OUTREACH Max Installation Manual, LOUD Technologies MCU Pro Quick Start Manual, ActionTec WCB6200Q Quick start manual (2 pages), ActionTec WCB6200Q Operation & user’s manual (32 pages).

I tried it with iPhones and laptops. Then do the same turning off the extender’s radios. I was told to change the MTU setting of the Actiontec, so it will work with my Xbox.

I added a WCB6200Q MoCA Wi-Fi Extender to my home network, using MoCA to place it in an upstairs room on the opposite side of my home from my Fios Quantum Gateway. Cookies help us deliver our Services.
Why is my AT&T MicroCell not working correctly with my Actiontec modem/router? A few days later they released a firmware update (1.1.04.37) and now the 5GHz works with the password but the problem moved to the 2.4GHz. Try searching, Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines. Warranty, Fix Unidentified Network and No Network Access errors in Windows 7. I would turn off the wifi radios on the router and see how things work through the extender. Problem 1: Despite what Verizon's simple install instructions say, the WCB6200Q … This requires that, your Wi-Fi router support MoCA or that you have connected your Wi-Fi, Router to a MoCA Network Adapter similar to Actiontec's ECB6200.

For the first week or so of use, I thought the result of adding the extender seemed positive.

Network Extender WCB6200Q ‎11-05-2017 05:19 PM - edited ‎11-05-2017 05:24 PM. 1. Here is what's included: 4x4 802.11ac wireless Why does my wireless connection keep disconnecting? I added a WCB6200Q MoCA Wi-Fi Extender to my home network, using MoCA to place it in an upstairs room on the opposite side of my home from my Fios Quantum Gateway. Devices either don’t seem to stay connected, or they take a very long time to start a download — several heartbeats, let’s say, before the progress bar in the browser advances — when requesting anything from the Web. Have same question. Problem 2: Since autoconfigure didn't work, I just set the SSIDs and passwords of the WCB6200Q manually using the unit's web interface.

Id also run some test hardwired into the extender to test the moca bandwidth. User Manuals, Guides and Specifications for your ActionTec WCB6200Q Extender.