The issues about accessing the modem configuration page have to do with network setup, or with the firmware on the router. As part of my ongoing speed battles I decided to purchase a new router. I was given 2 devices: a fiber to ethernet bridge device (ONT) "Calix 716GE-I" and a router "Zyxel C1100x". If I’m not using a modem how do I get the internet connection? Hopefully I can explain what I'm trying to do. Just make sure you then have the C3000a as an access point and another router handling DHCP, as DHCP is required for devices to connect to the router, finally to the internet.

Re: Actiontec C1000A and Transparent Bridging. I’m on gig fiber. If you use less, great work! So it had nothing at all to do with pfSense settings in the end. So this is not the customers fault.The C3000A is not enforcing firewall rules like it should be. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Thanks for this post and your previous one. Your email address will not be published. I also disabled the wireless on that modem, so that it just does DSL decoding. The issue I had before was the transport mode in the modem when I configured the transparent bridge. Press J to jump to the feed.
Creating separate SSID with second router. Literally just unplugged it from my spectrum modem and everything works. I just installed the Actiontec C1000A tonight and was looking for directions on how to enable exactly this! The Router will allow the WAN IP address to pass-through to the device connected to LAN Port 1 Only. I just installed the Actiontec C1000A tonight and was looking for directions on how to enable exactly this!

The Actiontec C3000A is a single platform device that supports universal WAN access, FTTN, FTTdp, FTTB, or FTTP deployments. The Actiontec C3000A is a single platform device that supports universal WAN access, FTTN, FTTdp, FTTB, or FTTP deployments. I ditched their router for the usual reasons, and replaced it with my own. Otherwise, if you can understand the last comment on this forum about setting a user_id to 3, you'll be able to see the button to disable DHCP. Chromebook won't connect to Wifi after Router underwent firmware upgrade ? For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I want to put my C3000A into transparent bridge mode so I can use it as just a modem, then use my own, reliable WiFi router (the WiFi from the C3000A drops quite a bit). I have found this to be less than perfectly reliable, specifically that when the PPPoE connection is down, the modem is also inaccessible. Thank you, New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the centurylink community. Hopefully I can explain what I'm trying to do. After making the change, I’m able to use the PPPoE connection … If so, how you you configure the Actiontec if / when you need to make changes? Centurylink c3000a bridge mode Centurylink c3000a bridge mode Determine if you need credentials to get internet access, and if so get them. I have an Actiontec and just bought a new router to get the 5GHz WiFi and was wondering about using Actiontec’s TransparentBridging mode to let the new router do “everything”.
This single CPE can be deployed to seamlessly expand new network technologies and upgrade customers to faster speeds without dispatching a technician or replacing customer hardware. Netgear router is now 192.168.1.1 and it’s up and running.. Best part is working so late I got to join the family in their BBQ. Page 32: Dns Host Mapping That’s what we’re going for is using the X10 as the DHCP server, Well sadly I do not fully understand changing the user ID to 3... Good news is he has 2 more CentryLink modems just laying around. Where I live, Centurylink still uses PPPoE for auth. My problem is that the internet speed would drop to ~1.5Mbps sometimes (the regular speed is ~34Mbps). Was told I didn’t need any pppoe info or vlan as they issue like a dhcp. On fiber, any router that can handle PPPoE auth and VLAN tagging should have you covered from there.

After about an hour I got tired of listening to the terrible hold music and hung up. Is there some thing I can do to improve the connection time and the speed? Here's how you fix it: 1. You should be able to get VLAN tagging information from the modem/router admin sections. Tomato has an option to access the modem when using PPPoE, with a single IP that is accessible over the WAN port directly. Not just over wifi either; they are about 1/4th what I should be getting vie ethernet Cat 6 or better on a gigabit fiber connection (about 210d/150u). T. tavisc Honorable.

My network setup uses a Qwest Q100 DSL modem setup as a transparent bridge with a Linksys WRT54GL running DD-WRT doing the routering.

I think the C3000Z wifi is about 90% as good as the C3000A actiontec. Another option is a normally bizzare network arrangement, with a switch between the WAN port of the router and the network port of the modem, with another cable going to the LAN side of the router. Thanks Kind of like the new Cisco routers where the configuration is done online: when the internet is accessible is when I really don’t need to configure my router. Since all Internet traffic is over the PPPoE connection, this doesn’t bypass the firewall logically. Plan for a couple hours where internet access will be intermittent. Mar 5, 2014 #1 Sorry for the vague and confusing title. They have a a C3000a modem VDSL pair bonded for 24mbps, & Netgear nighthawk x10 R9000. You must log in or register to reply here.

Please help.

Put the modem into bridge mode, set the ip address to 192.168.10.1, leave the dhcp server enabled. In your prior post on your old DSL modem, you said you could no longer see the management page of your DSL modem. This single CPE can be deployed to seamlessly expand new network technologies and upgrade customers to faster speeds without dispatching a technician or replacing customer hardware. My equipment shows there is no problems from inside of the house to the outside of the house. I want to put my C3000A into transparent bridge mode so I can use it as just a modem, then use my own, reliable WiFi router (the WiFi from the C3000A drops quite a bit).